The fact is that today, more than ever, employers are conducting background checks as part of their hiring process, and a past criminal conviction will place you at a severe disadvantage. Fortunately we are able to expunge your criminal conviction(s) for you, which allows you to honestly declare to anyone that might inquire that you have never been convicted of a crime. Furthermore, once the conviction is expunged it will display as dismissed, rather than as a conviction, on any background check done by a private employer.
Thus, we guarantee that after we successfully expunge your criminal conviction(s) on your record you will never be denied a job or discriminated against while seeking employment due to any of the expunged conviction(s). We are so sure that if you are denied a job or discriminated against we will pay you $3,000.
Requirements For $3,000 Non-Discrimination Guarantee
If you feel you have been discriminated against and would like to claim your $3,000, here are the conditions that must be met:
- 1The alleged interview and/or denial of employment must have occurred at least 90 days after your arrest/criminal record was expunged by the court.
- 2The reason cited for denying employment must specifically be the presence of the arrest/criminal record which was previously granted relief.
- 3The employer must have at least 100 employees and must be a private employer (state, county or city jobs are not covered by the guarantee). Banks and hospitals are also not included in the guarantee.
- 4You cannot be related to anybody that is either employed by, or has an ownership stake in, the company that has denied you employment.
- 5A certified letter of denial must be provided to Fresh Start Law Center from the company that has denied employment that specifies that the expunged arrest/criminal record was the sole and/or primary reason for denying employment.
- 6You must have filled out the job application with complete honesty. Remember once your conviction has been expunged you can honestly state on job applications that you have never been convicted of a crime.
- 7Guarantee does not apply to DMV records, as you may still be denied a "driving" job if you have an alchol related driving offense on your DMV record.
- 8Guarantee does not apply to our certificate of rehabilitatin service, as this service does not technically expunge your record, rather it is an official endorsement by the state that you have fully rehabilitated.
We Are Excited To Assist You
We are one of the only law firms in California that focuses solely on the expungement laws, which allows us to not only provide first class specialized legal services but to provide these services at the lowest fixed prices. We pride ourselves providing exceptional customer service, and are always here to answer any questions you might have. We truly appreciate you taking the time to browse our website and we look forward to helping you forget about the past so that you can embrace the future.
David Huffman, Esq.
Founding Attorney, Fresh Start Law Center