California Certificate Of Rehabilitation
Unfortunately if you have been convicted crime, and served any amount of time in state prison, then the underlying conviction cannot be expunged in the state of California. However, we are able to petition the court under California Penal Code 4852.01 for a certificate of rehabilitation. This is a strong official endorsement from the court showing that your criminal history is behind you and that you are a valued and productive member of society.
Although a California certificate of rehabilitation will not expunge your underlying conviction, it does show potential employers, family and friends that you are changed person and have taken the steps necessary to put your criminal history behind you for good. A successful petition for a certificate of rehabilitation in California also creates an automatic application, and recommendation from the County Court, for an official Pardon from the Governor of California. We have helped many clients over the years successfully obtain a Governor's Pardon.
We specialize in California record clearing laws and have handled many certificate of rehabilitation cases. Our expertise and knowledge will optimize your chance of successfully obtaining a certificate of rehabilitation, allowing you to officially put the past behind so that you can move forward and embrace the future.
Unique Tailored Approach:
No two cases are exactly the same, and it is important that the attorney you hire spends the time to understand the unique details of your situation. We specialize in focusing in on the unique facts in your certificate of rehabilitation case, allowing us to craft the strongest arguments possible for the court. This unique tailored approach gives us the best chance at getting you a successful outcome in your certificate of rehabilitation case, and has allowed us to win over 98% of our cases overall. Why would you settle for anything less?
We have successfully won thousands of cases for our clients in the state of California, and we take great pride in providing top notch customer service throughout the process. We have an A+ rating with the BBB, and have an established reputation for stellar customer service (Yelp - 5 Stars, TrustPilot - 5 Stars, Google - 5 Stars).
No Hidden Fees, No Games:
Beware of any law firm that has hidden fees on their Certificate of Rehabilitation service (example: processing fees, filing fees, hearing fees, etc.). We are one of the only criminal expungement law firms that offers fixed low pricing for a Certificate of Rehabilitation, meaning everything is included in our pricing. There will never be any hidden fees, games or suprises down the road with us. Our single low price covers everything from start to finish, period. NO HIDDEN FEES ever. The thing about hidden fees, is they seem to just keep popping up!
California Certificate Of Rehabilitation Summary
If you served any amount of time in state prison for a past conviction then a certificate of rehabilitation is a great way to demonstrate that you have officially put the past behind you and that the court officially deems you a valuable and productive member of society. Although it is true that once you serve time in state prison you can no longer expunge your underlying conviction, a PC 4852.01 petition does allow relief in the form of a certificate of rehabilitation, which will make you a much more marketable employment candidate in this tough job market. Also, obtaining a certificate of rehabilitation is a necessary step in obtaining a Governor's Pardon. We will use our expertise to guide you through this complex legal process.
There are certain requirements that must be met to make you eligible for a California certificate of rehabilitation:
- 1Your sentence required you to serve time in state prison and you served your time, and you are no longer on probation or parole.
- 2You have not served any time in jail or state prison since your original release.
- 3You must have lived in the state of California for the last five years.
- 4At least seven years must have passed since your original release date.
- 5You have been a productive member of society, living a clean and sober life, since your release.
Although a certificate of rehabilitation will not erase your conviction, it is a very positive addition to your permanent record, and it looks very good to potential employers. The average certificate of rehabilitation case takes 2-6 months depending on how backed up the courts are at the time we file the petition.
Fresh Start Law Center specializes in California PC 4852.01 certificate of rehabilitation cases, and we pride ourselves on applying our expertise and knowledge to the unique facts of your situation. There is no better time than now to start the process that will demonstrate to everybody that your past is behind you and that you are fully ready to embrace a positive future.
California Certificate Of Rehabilitation Benefits
There are numerous benefits to getting a certificate of rehabilitation in California. Here is a list of a few of the benefits:
- 1(New Law 2019) It is illegal for an employer to consider a criminal case that has been granted a Certificate of Rehabilitation, which will greatly increase your employment opportunities (your case will be removed from employment background checks).
- 2Sends a strong and positive official message to potential employers and society that you have taken the necessary steps to put the past behind you and that you are now a lawful, valued, and positive member of society.
- 3Greatly increases your marketability in this tough job market.
- 4Many state licensing agencies require a certificate of rehabilitation to apply for licensure, and they cannot discriminate against you based on your felony conviction(s) if you have obtained a certificate of rehabilitation.
- 5Creates automatic application for a pardon from the California Governor.
- 6You will demonstrate to your family and friends that you are serious about your future and that you are determined to put the past behind you for good.
Why An Experienced Attorney Is Essential
Petitioning the court for a certificate of rehabilitation is a complex legal process and should be handled by an experienced and knowledgeable attorney. It is important that an attorney analyzes your unique facts to ensure that your situation is in fact eligible for a certificate of rehabilitation under PC 4852.01. Once eligibility is confirmed a thorough and concise petition must be filed with the appropriate court and all appropriate parties must be given timely notice. The judge will then schedule a hearing date wherein evidentiary support must be provided, demonstrating your full rehabilitation and that you are now a productive member of society. Having an experienced attorney who will prepare all petitions and motions for you and who will attend the hearing and argue on your behalf is essential to your success. It is also important that you build the strongest case possible for a certificate of rehabilitation, as this will increase your chances at successfully obtaining a Governor's Pardon.
Fresh Start Law Center deals solely with California record clearing laws and has handled many certificate of rehabilitation cases. Our specialized and focused knowledge enables us to not only provide top notch expert certificate of rehab legal service, but to provide this service at the lowest price anywhere (we guarantee our price is the lowest). This allows you to receive the aid of a knowledgeable attorney, at a price you can afford.
- Analyze your unique case details
- Provide expert legal advice
- conduct necessary legal research
- provide an accurate assessment of your chances
- Prepare / gather supporting evidence
- prepare the motion
- file the motion with the appropriate court
- serVE prosecuting agency
- Pay all court costs
- Pay all filling fees
- Schedule the hearing
- Rospond to any D.A. opposition
- Attend required court hearing on your behalf
- Argue the case at hearing
- obtain a signed court order
- update the criminal databases
- Refile if necessary
- Case follow-up with you
- Help Prepare initial motion
We appreciate you spending the time to view our website, and hope that you have found the information helpful. We specialize California certificate of rehabilitation law, and look forward to the opportunity to apply our focused expertise to the unique details of your case. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are excited to help you forget about the past for good so that you can move forward and embrace the future.
David Huffman, Esq.
Founding Attorney, Fresh Start Law Center