"Fresh Start Law Center was a lifesaver! They listened to the details of my situation and explained the law to me. They quickly filed my petition, and handled everything from start to finish. Now my felony has been expunged and I can finally hold my head high in job interviews and answer questions honestly. I am so thankful I hired them."
"I thought I was stuck until my probation was over, and a friend told me about Fresh Start. I signed up for their early probation termination service and within 2 months I was off of probation plus my felony was expunged at the same time. What a huge relief it has been on my life. I am sure glad I found Fresh Start Law Center."
"I was crushed when I got my DUI and just wanted to put it behind me. Fresh Start got me off of probation early and then expunged my DUI conviction. What a relief it has been! I am so glad I found them. They were extremely friendly and easy to work with?"
"I had a horrible experience wherein I was wrongfully arrested for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fresh Start assured me they could help me and they sure did. It only took about 3 months to get the arrest record sealed which was very satisfying."
California Felony Expungment
Having a felony conviction on your record can weigh you down mentally and prevent you from obtaining meaningful employment. Today more private employers conduct background checks then ever before, and it is essential that you do everything possible to give you the best possible chance in this ultra competitive job market. Fortunately, there is a process in California under Penal Code 1203.4 that allows us to file a petition with the court on your behalf to have your felony conviction expunged. This petition, once granted by the court, will set aside your original conviction allowing you to apply for jobs with confidence and to answer honestly that you have never been convicted of a felony.
Our law firm specializes in California felony expungements under Penal Code 1203.4, which allows us to offer our expert legal services at an affordable fixed price. We are so confident that we can help you, we offer a 100% money back guarantee on our felony expungement service.
No Hidden Fees:
Beware of any law firm that has hidden fees (example: processing fees, hearing fees, etc.). We are the only criminal expungement law firm that offers fixed low pricing, meaning everything is included in our pricing. There will never be any hidden fees or suprises down the road with us. Our single low price covers everything from start to finish, period. NO HIDDEN FEES ever. The thing about hidden fees, is they seem to just keeping popping up.
Criminal Database Updating After Expungement:
All criminal databases used for employment background checks, both private and public, will update automatically within 30 days after the expungement is complete. You should never pay a company, or a law firm, for any service that claims to "expedite" this updating process. Learn the truth, and avoid scams here.
ADDED BONUS: If your felony qualifies for felony reduction to a misdemeanor under California Penal Code 17(b), we will file a petition for a reduction at the same time we file the PC 1203.4 petition for expungement for only an additional $99! See a list of California felony "wobbler" offenses.
We are able to expedite this service in most counties, taking the average processing time from 6-12 weeks down to just 18-30 days for those that need to put their past behind them in a hurry. This expedited service, when available, is only an extra $399. Please call us if interested in this service to find out if the service is available in the county where your conviction took place.
California Felony Expungement Summary
California Penal Code 1203.4 allows a person with a felony conviction to petition the court to have them re-open the case, set aside your guilty plea, your Nolo Contendere (no contest) plea, or factual finding of guilt, and to set aside the conviction and dismiss the case. Moving forward you will no longer be considered convicted of the felony by the state of California, and your criminal record will be permanently changed to display a dismissal rather than a felony conviction. Subsequently, once the conviction is expunged by the court you can truthfully tell employers, your family, and all other interested parties that you have not previously been convicted of a felony. This gives you the upper hand in a rough job market where more than 80% of potential employers conduct backgrounds checks.
If you have been convicted of a felony in the state of California your conviction is eligible for Penal Code 1203.4 felony expungement relief if you satisfy the following criteria:
- You were charged and convicted in state court, NOT federal court.
- Your sentence did not involve going to state prison. County jail and holding cells are NOT state prison.
- You have successfully completed probation (informal or formal), or if you were not given probation one year must pass since your conviction date. If still on probation check out our early termination of probation service.
- You must have satisfied all the requirements of your sentence (fines, restitution, mandatory programs, community service, classes, etc.).
- You did not violate any of the terms of your probation (that the court is aware of). If you did violate any terms of your probation we are still able to petition the court for relief under PC 1203.4, but the court may be less likely to grant the petition.
- You are not currently charged with another criminal offense, on probation for another criminal offense, or serving a sentence for another criminal offense.
An experienced attorney will handle your felony expungement case from beginning to end. We are dedicated to getting your felony conviction dismissed in the quickest time possible, allowing you to forget your past and to move into a more positive future. The average case, once filed with the court, can take 6 - 12 weeks depending on the courts and how backed up they are. In almost all cases you will not be required to appear at any court hearings, as we appear and argue on your behalf. Our focus and expertise in California felony expungements allows us to offer our services at the absolute lowest fixed prices, meaning there will never be any surprises with the costs down the road. See the chart below for everything that is included in our low fixed fee.
ADDED BONUS: If your felony is what is known as a California "wobbler" felony, we will file a Penal Code 17(b) petition to get the felony reduced to a misdemeanor at the same time we file to have your felony expunged for only an additional $99!
Benefits Of Felony Expungement In California
Other then the mental relief one can experience with a felony expungement there are many tangible benefits that a California felony expungement offers:
- Removes the conviction from your criminal record.
- In almost all cases private employers cannot ask about convictions that were dismissed under Penal Code 1203.4, nor can a conviction that was dismissed be considered for employment purposes (check out our $3,000 Non-Discrimination Guarantee).
- Your expunged felony conviction will not show up on most employer background checks.
- You can truthfully, and legally, answer "NO" on private sector job applications when asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime.
- You can greatly increase your earning capacity by becoming eligible for more employment opportunities.
- You become eligible for many types of professional licenses and certificates
- Reducing a "wobbler" felony to a misdemeanor can restore certain rights, such as gun ownership
- You can become eligible for student loans.
- You can become eligible for housing assistance.
- You can tell friends and family that you have not been convicted of a crime.
- You have the satisfaction of forgetting the past for good and moving forward into a more positive future.
Why It Is Important To Hire An Experienced Attorney
Hiring an experienced attorney is essential to the success of your felony expungement. Felony expungment law can be complex and it is critical that all the necessary documents get filed with the court and that all the required steps are followed in a timely manner (e.g., the prosecuting attorney must be given 15 day notice of the petition for relief). Felony expungments in California often require a hearing in front of the judge, wherein your case must be argued. Also the prosecuting attorney will often oppose your felony expungement, requiring a concise and well written response. If a hearing is required we attend the hearing and argue on your behalf. 99% of the time you will not be required to attend the hearing. If the prosecuting attorney files opposition, we will gather and present evidentiary support for the felony expungement petition.
From the day you hire us until the day your case is resolved we will be there for you every step of the way. Because we focus on felony expungments in California we are able to provide expert felony expungement services at the absolute lowest fixed prices. We also offer a 100% money back guarantee on our felony expungement service, meaning if we don't get your felony expunged, you don't pay us! Below is a list of the services we provide as compared to some non-attorney sites out there.
The sooner you get started, the sooner you can forget the past and embrace the future. We will start on your case immediately, applying our expertise to the unique details of your case. We offer the lowest fixed price for California felony expungement anywhere (we guarantee our low prices), and have a 100% money back guarantee, meaning if we can't get your felony expunged you don't pay us. Thank you for taking the time to consider our California felony expungment service. We truly look forward to helping you in any way we can.
David Huffman, Esq
Founding Attorney, Fresh Start Law Center